As we quickly progress in closing the Submer Immersion Cooling prototype design and components with our engineers, we've also pinned down the exact location for the full-size functional prototype (codename "Phase 1") inside the BitNAP datacenter.
As mentioned in one of our previous posts, BitNAP has kindly provided us with a closed-off space inside one of their large server rooms. The location is perfect as it's going to allow us to:
- Install the first full-size functional prototype SmartPod in an unbeatable environment.
- Show it to our early-adopter partners (and of course anybody else who's interested).
- Deploy a highly-efficient adiabatic cooling tower in the rooftop.
- Run heavy testing and quality assurance on the prototype.
- Compare the peaceful silence of the Submer Immersion Cooling solution with the noisy mayhem of a traditional datacenter server room.
- Monitor and expose real-time data of the prototype over a long period of time, specially the PUE (Power Usage Effectiveness) of the Submer Immersion Cooling solution.
- Prove that the Submer liquid Immersion Cooling solution is the Data Center cooling solution of the future.
We're absolutely thrilled! Everything is still going as planned for a February/March deployment of the "Phase 1" prototype!
Stay tuned as we'll be posting further progress in the coming days.