At Submer, we believe that our digital world can be safer, more efficient and more environmentally friendly. Submer Technologies is solving the biggest problems of datacenter, supercomputer, hyperscale, and edge applications to make that future possible.
Our multinational talented team has a huge passion for reducing IT environmental footprint and expertise in datacenter design and day-to-day operation. We’re scaling our team and operations in Barcelona and Worldwide to meet growing international demand.
It is a unique opportunity to work in the development of groundbreaking products from the beginning and participate in the entire life cycle of the design, prototype and continuous improvement.
Who we are hiring
Join us in our continuous quest to grow a diverse and extraordinarily innovative team!
Submer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.
About You. Knowledge and Skills. Experience
In this role, the successful candidate will become a key member of the Engineering team specifically the Electrical/Automation Department. This is a great opportunity for a junior profile to join a dynamic team, work in an agile environment and help shape what will certainly be a very cool future!
Candidate Specific Competences
To perform in this job, you’ll likely have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering (or equivalent experience).
- Between 2 and 4 years of working experience.
- Fluency in English.
- Professional experience designing electrical drawings (ideally ePlan).
- Professional experience programming PLCs. (Schneider’s pie programming experience is a plus).
- Proactive, highly motivated with good communication skills and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
You will be responsible for:
- Developing electrical / automation system design and development projects.
- Contributing with the concept design and definition of solutions for new product development by analyzing project scope and defining project specifications.
- Designing all the subsystems that involves a product (protection, distribution, power supply, control), ideally using ePlan.
- Programming PLC, HMI, microcontrollers.
- Developing industrial communication protocols.
- Define, develop and perform tests to validate products and examine project’s compliance. Generate technical reports.
- Organising your daily tasks.
- Working as a team and communicating effectively.
- Maintaining accurate records and files according to quality standard.
- Proactive, self-starter, able to communicate.
- Driven to Innovate.
- Competitive salary
- Performance benefit
- Great work environment
- Career path evolution
Location: On-site, Barcelona headquarters / Hospitalet de Llobregat.
Type of Role: Permanent
Salary: depending on skill-set and experience
We hope to have piqued your interest and would love to speak to suitable candidates. If you can imagine yourself working with Submer or know of the right person, please let us know by sending an email with your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: PLC Programmer. We look forward to welcoming you to the team!