At Submer, we believe that our digital world can be safer, more efficient and more environmentally friendly. Submer Technologies is solving the biggest problems of datacenter, supercomputer, hyperscale, and edge applications to make that future possible.
Our multinational talented team has a huge passion for reducing IT environmental footprint and expertise in datacenter design and day-to-day operation. We’re scaling our team and operations in Barcelona and Worldwide to meet growing international demand.
What we are hiring
Join us in our continuous quest to grow a diverse and extraordinarily innovative team!
Submer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.
About You. Knowledge and Skills. Experience
In this role, the successful candidate will become a key member of the Engineering team. This is a great opportunity for the right individual to join a dynamic team to help shape what will certainly be a very cool future!
Candidate Specific Competences
To perform in this job, you’ll likely have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering (or similar related degree).
- 5 years related job experience.
- Design electrical drawings, electrical plates.
- Expert level knowledge of electrical design and its application in industrial automation
- Critical thinking with exceptional problem solving skills, able to work independently or in team environment.
- Efficiently organize and plan work tasks to meet company goals.
- Proactive, resourceful and highly motivated with good communication skills and ability to work in high output environment.
- Ability to balance multiple projects with proven track record. Travel as required to support projects.
The Senior Electrical Engineer will be responsible for:
- Project leader and company resource for electrical / automation system design and development.
- Develop electrical / automation system with PLC (Schneider preferably).
- Implementation of different types of industrial sensors.
- Design solutions based on engineering principles and involvement in presentation of the solution to internal customer.
- Provide technical support to external and internal customers.
- Resolve operational problems related to projects and minimize delays or unexpected cost increases.
- Responsible for project success whether project leader or as part of a project team.
- Interpret client requirements, identify and address design parameters and engineering problems, and ensure solutions are implemented accurately and in budget.
- Provide critical review and guidance to teammate’s analysis and design.
- Capable of critical thinking, long term system planning, design and analysis to ensure success of projects.
- Analyze project requirements and perform technical supporting design including AMFE, FFD, FMA and similar.
- Lead other engineers in development of technical skills.
- Create and finalize designs to meet project requirements.
- Create accurate Bill of Materials.
- Conduct cost and time estimation.
- Oversee project workflow and support internal and external resources to ensure timely delivery of projects, expected quality, and allotted budget.
- Support manufacture, build and validation of systems.
- Maintain accurate records and files according to quality standard.
- Fluent English a must, Spanish and other languages very valuable.
- Proactive, self-starter, able to communicate clearly internally and externally.
- Nice to have: Experience in Datacenter/HPC/Supercomputing arenas or products related to this sector, exposure to industrial robotics.
- Driven to Innovate.
- Competitive salary
- Performance benefit
- Great work environment
- Career path evolution
Location: On-site, Barcelona headquarters / Hospitalet de Llobregat.
Type of Role: Permanent
Salary: depending on skill-set and experience
We hope to have piqued your interest and would love to speak to suitable candidates. If you can imagine yourself working with Submer or know of the right person, please let us know by sending an email with your resumé to: email@example.com with the subject: Senior Electrical Engineer. We look forward to welcoming you to the team!