At Submer, we believe that our digital world can be safer, more efficient and more environmentally friendly. Submer Technologies is solving the biggest problems of datacenter, supercomputer, hyperscale, and edge applications to make that future possible.
Our multinational talented team has a huge passion for reducing IT environmental footprint and expertise in datacenter design and day-to-day operation. We’re scaling our team and operations in Barcelona and Worldwide to meet growing international demand.
What we are hiring
Join us in our continuous quest to grow a diverse and extraordinarily innovative team!
Submer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.
About You. Knowledge and Skills. Experience
Reporting to the Head of Engineering, the Senior Robotics Engineer will be the Subject Matter Expert and owner of the new exciting robotics roadmap that Submer is embarking on. One of the main goals of this roadmap is to develop robotics and automation that integrates with the Submer SmartPod platform and empower future lights-out datacenters.
Candidate Specific Competences
To perform in this job, you’ll likely have:
- At least 5 years in similar positions
- Bachelors or Masters degree in automation, mechanical, robotics, or electrical engineering (or equivalent)
- Proven track record of success in previous robotics roles designing robots <100 kg payload
- Experience in designing of different types of autonomous robots, sensors and end-of-arm tools (Gantry, AGV and arm-type robots are of special interest)
- Experience with ROS (Robot Operating System) or similar
- Entrepreneurial, confident, driven and dynamic mindset
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to develop mechanical and electrical systems
- Proven skills in writing software and programming systems
- Proficiency in drafting programs such as AutoCAD/SolidWorks
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Able to apply advanced mathematical concepts
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Drive the new Submer robotic platform by working together with the Submer mechanical, electrical and software engineering teams
- Design robot tooling for pick and place of IT robot loads (<100kg)
- Conduct R&D on robotic technology to create new robotic systems or system capabilities
- Provide technical support for Submers’ robotic systems
- Write algorithms or programming code for ad hoc robotic applications
- Integrate robotic systems, such as automatic vehicle control, autonomous vehicles, advanced displays, advanced sensing, robotic platforms, computer vision, or telematics systems.
- Competitive salary
- Performance benefit
- Great work environment
Location: On-site, Barcelona headquarters / Hospitalet de Llobregat
We hope to have piqued your interest and would love to speak to suitable candidates. If you can imagine yourself working with Submer or know of the right person, please let us know by sending an email with your resumé to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: Senior Robotics Engineer. We look forward to welcoming you to the team!